Thursday, March 18, 2010

How You Know It's Working

Indeed, the treatment the veterinarian performed last night in unblocking Harry's bladder is working so well that now he is peeing every where in the house, except for the litter box. Apparently, according the doctor, Harry associates the litter box with the pain he felt yesterday, which must have been considerable given that he has the feline version of kidney stones.

I love Harry, but I cannot stand the idea that until he re-balances, the whole house becomes his personal toilet. I have always prided myself on the relative order and cleanliness of my living space, and now I am afraid to step or sit anywhere, in case Harry visited there recently. The vet says this only lasts a few days after catheterizing, but if this persists, I must seriously consider my options of keeping a cat with incontinence.

Raphaela, in a show of unity with Harry, had her own projectile pee when I was getting her ready for her bath tonight. I don't mind having my daughter's urine attack me, she will eventually grow out of it; and if I am being honest, I will choose my human daughter over my feline son.

Especially when I was supposed to take Harry to the vet again tonight, to get rechecked and resupplied with his drugs and special foods, and I could not get a baby sitter to save my life. The week before Pessach, all able bodied teenagers are helping clean house, and all adults seem to be attending weddings.

3 comments:

koshergourmetmart said...

I know you love your cat very much and appreciate what he has done for you but your daughter and your health takes precedent. also your daughter has no control over her peeing while the cat does

Rabba bar bar Chana said...

will moving the litter box to another room help? Maybe it will lessen the association with pain.

Asher said...

I'm very happy to hear that Harry is on the mend.

As for the other issue, it just goes to show that it's better to be pi**ed off....