Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Harry Lives! (For Now...)

Tonight the vet could not believe the miraculous recovery she observed in Harry, and now, about 1500 NIS later, I must be meticulous in terms of his eating habits, for the rest of his life. Other than that wrinkle, Harry has indeed returned to himself, and it gives me a great sense of relief and joy. I have no regrets regarding the money spent, he is a member of my family.

Until I think about the warning from the vet, that the stress of being "jailed" indoors for the next three weeks could cause a relapse. I don't even want to think about the effect of construction and drilling on a home bound Harry, should it resume.

Upon careful consideration, I instructed the doctor and will also instruct the cat sitter that there are to be no extreme measures taken to keep him alive if he crashes while I am visiting in the United States. I will enjoy the next four days with the new and improved Harry, and say a silent good-bye when we leave for the airport; and hope that it remains a "See you later" rather than a final farewell.

My neighbor and friend, Savta Naomi, watched Raphaela so I could focus on Harry during the veterinarian visit, and when I picked her up, my daughter was verbal and happy, and even tried to wave good-bye to Savta Naomi as we returned home.

I feel a sense of wonderment that Raphaela Rivka, who was once an idea and a dream, will turn six months old on Friday. I can't wait for her to meet her extended family, and I personally need a vacation from my work and from Israel, as I have not gone overseas or seen my siblings in close to four years.

Now if this streak of good news continues, British Air will resolve all their union issues before Shabbat.

No comments: