Friday, June 1, 2012

From Different Angles

This week, I bumped into a friend at the supermarket, whom I had not seen for quite a while.  She said to me, "Wow, you look so much better now that you filled out!"
"Are you saying that I am FAT?!" 
She paused for a moment, searching for an escape route, and then said, "No, of course not!  What I meant was that after Raphaela's birth you were too thin, and now you look Just Right..."

What happened to "Hello. How are you? You look great."

==================================================================

Today, while auditioning yet another cleaning person, I supervised a man who shows real promise. He worked efficiently and even caught some small things that most cleaners ignore or forget.  Plus he didn't just clean the windows, he took them out of the frame and washed them through and through.  And he fixed the small leak in my toilet, and the platform on my treadmill.

Married and with many children himself, he said to me as he was leaving, "Your husband is a very lucky man to have such a tidy, special and warm woman like you.  You are clearly the Yin to his Yang."

So, any takers?  This amazing package includes an active, loving, curious and amazing toddler...

No comments: