Sunday, October 30, 2011

Tractor Mania

One of the unexpected side effects of parenting is their constant presence in your heart and mind, even when they are playing at Gan and you are living your life as a psuedo grown-up.

Raphaela loves tractors, she gets massively excited every time she sees a construction site and could watch them pushing around dirt all day.  I am currently assembling an A-B-C project for Raphaela and wanted a photo of a tractor;  unable to find a construction area, I settled on "T is for trees."

Yesterday, while driving home from the supermarket, I spotted some repairs on the road, and lo and behold, a tractor!  Without considering the implications for my own safety, I immediately pulled over my car, parked randomly and started snapping away with my handy digital camera.

At first, the workers came over to me and started shouting, thinking that I was some government authority.  I explained that I was collecting pictures for my daughter, and we all had a laugh.  The event left me smiling for the rest of the day.

No comments: