Monday, January 19, 2015

Renewed Admiration

Yesterday, to Raphaela's delight, I came to her Gan and gave her class of 34 kindergarten children a Spine and Health lecture.


From start to finish, the activity took less than an hour, and I tried to include some physical and intellectual stimulation, so they would not fidget or stop listening.  If they each took home one or two salient points, I consider myself successful.  (Though I am not sure about the boy whose answer to every question was either "Legs!" or "Bellybutton!")

One hour, and these dedicated teachers do this every day for nine hours each day...I came home exhausted, with a heightened admiration for the job of a teacher.  Seriously, these men and women who educate our children are not getting paid what they truly deserve.

No comments: