Tuesday, June 4, 2013

What You Talking About Willis?

My friend Karen had offered to take Raphaela for a few hours yesterday, so I could rest; but since Raphaela has only really met her once, she refused to leave me, even with the promise that the two of them would bake cookies together.  As a side note, my friend Karen is also a Chiropractor, and has been adjusting me every day this week, and I am grateful for it.

Then Raphaela and I engaged in a long conversation about how my friend Karen has the same name as her best friend's Mommy, but she only likes her friend's Mommy.  I assured my daughter that it's perfectly normal for Mommy to have her own friends, and for Raphaela to play with them every once in a while.

Raphaela stared at me with severe skepticism, wrinkled up her nose and tilted her head and said, "You have your own friends?"

I laughed, and said, "Absolutely, having friends is important for everyone.  It makes life more fun."

Again my daughter made that What-you-talking-about-Willis face, and demanded, "Alright, so what are these friends names?"

No comments: