Thursday, October 4, 2012

Jerusalem March 2012

Last year, Raphaela (in stroller) and I participated in the short route of the Jerusalem March;  we both enjoyed the carnival afterward in Gan Saccher, though the day was dominated by the historic return of the kidnapped soldier Gilad Shalit to Israeli soil.

I woke up this morning with every intention to once again walk in the March.  I dropped Raphaela off at Gan and...decided that I was going to do nothing today.  Rather than obligate myself, I made of list of errands that could get done, if I felt like it.

I did not answer the phone for patients today.  I washed the car from the mud of the recent rain.  I went to the mall and bought myself a new Winter outfit.  I visited friends visiting from the States for the holidays.  I checked my email, folded some laundry and sat down for a quiet lunch.  I read a book about arms and armour.  I took care of myself and my house without the distraction of a toddler and without the pressure of the time schedule.

It was lovely, and bonus, Raphaela gets a more relaxed Mom this evening.

No comments: