Friday, August 19, 2011

The Fragile Male Ego

My land lord finally got back to my lawyer, and they are claiming that they have not actually damaged the quality of my life, either financially or emotionally, and have offered to compensate me with an amount of money that is, quite frankly, insulting.

The land lord told my lawyer that he would have been more cooperative, except that I have made a "mortal enemy" out of his contractor.  I told my lawyer that the contractor (Ultra-Orthodox, married, 13 children) can't stand me because he propsitioned me, and I said "Hell, no."

Two more weeks until moving day...

2 comments:

Amy Charles said...

Hey, please tell your lawyer to be aggressive in going after the landlord, because his strategy now is to just drag this out forever and make it expensive till you let go. Go nail the would-be m-f to the wall. Also tell your lawyer not to trouble you with the man's insults unless there's a legal reason, and that all you're interested in is the "screw to wall asap" part.

Rachel Selby said...

Good luck and roll on moving day!