Thursday, October 1, 2009

Monitor Shmonitor

Got the correct bus this morning, and only had to walk up a small hill to get to the medical center.

Brought grapes with me so I wouldn't have to eat the disgusting sesame cookies. As a result of the natural sugar rush, I had to placed on the monitor for almost an hour and a half, before the baby stopped moving and gave them what the nurses and doctor's considered a "standard" read-out.

Ultrasound showed a bit less amniotic fluid, to be expected with a pregnancy lasting more than 40 weeks, and certainly within normal limits.

However, the doctor found no evidence of any opening, and could therefore not perform stripping. And because there are various due dates floating around on the chart, he is not going to insist on my being induced on Sunday, but rather I should return to be monitored once again, and they would induce on Monday. Unless, hopefully, of course the baby is born sometime this weekend and then a weight estimation will be done outside the womb. :-)

The doctor did ask me to go home and go through a course of Castor Oil today, in the hopes that the bowel movement will not only start some cervix opening action, but also stimulate an increase in prostoglandin hormones, which is necessary to induce contractions toward labour.

My Chiropractor thinks that I will go into labour this weekend with or without inducing diahrea.

On the way home (I walked for forty minutes rather than take the bus) I visited some friends who work downtown, and bought a nursing bra. Wishful, positive thinking can't hurt.

No comments: