Monday, December 15, 2014

That Terrible Phone Call...

when the iPhone tells you it's the school on the other end of the line, and indeed, apparently Raphaela and her friend were playing together hand-in-hand, when they fell down on the concrete.  Somehow her friend walked away with a scuffed knee, while Raphaela almost broke her nose and re-opened the one year old scar on her chin.

Literally left an understanding patient on the table, back to Shaarei Zedek Hospital in Jerusalem, where Raphaela was stitched up, but the full extent of her injuries will not be known until the swelling subsides.  The damage this time was so much worse, because of the scar tissue left over from the previous fall.

At least this time I packed a hospital kit and I knew which anesthesia would not cause an anaphylactic reaction and potentially kill my daughter.

3 comments:

Batya said...

refuah shleimah

Rachel Selby said...

OMG, what a nightmare. I wish her better soon. xxx

Doc said...

For the past two days I have held back my own feelings, just shut them off. Today I took her to school (half day) and as soon as I was clear of the building I cried for the first time.