Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Yom Yerushalaim 2013

In honor of Jerusalem's birthday, Raphaela's Gan constructed a miniature version of the Western Wall and her class placed their notes, expressing their wishes for themselves and the nation.  I smiled and in certain cases laughed at the directness and honesty of children this age. 

"I wish for health for all children."
"I wish for health for my mother and father."
"I pray for the coming of the Messiah and the building of the Third Temple in Jerusalem."
"I wish for G-d to keep us all safe."

"I wish for G-d to give me ice cream."
"I want my parents to buy me juice from the supermarket."
"I wish for treats and waffles."
"I hope they have a fireworks display on Jerusalem's birthday."

"I want a baby brother or sister."

And my daughter, "I hope that this day brings Jerusalem much good fortune."

No comments: