Sunday, December 12, 2010

Old Man Winter has Arrived

After an unusually warm November and Chanukah, Winter arrived two days ago, in the form of 100 km per hours winds, and this morning at 2:17 am, after a loud crack of thunder and lightning, the rains that Israel so desperately needs.

Yesterday, sensing that this deluge was upon us, I tried to rescue a pregnant cat that lives in my garden, give her a warm place to sleep at night, but I missed that window, she is too old to be taken in and even act partially domesticated.  The best I can hope is that she continue to come to my door, so I can feed her, and that she is sensible enough to find a warm and safe place to give birth to her kittens.

Taking Raphaela to Gan has become much more complicated as well, I dress her in heavy winter coats and can barely close the straps on the car seat.  I rush with her into the nursery room so she stays dry, and then must make another trip in the rain and the mud to get her supplies and her stroller.  I worry that Raphaela will get another cold, because of the changes in temperature from the outside to the inside.

I can't remember how I dealt with Raphaela in the Winter last year, of course she was much smaller and didn't do much.

2 comments:

Commenter Abbi said...

colds are caused by viruses, not changes in temperature.

Doc said...

Objectively I know that, LOL, but the Polish genes inside me feels like if I don't dress her warmly enough, she will get sick.