Sunday, October 17, 2010

Photos for the Album

Last night I called one of my oldest friends from Chiropractic school, she lives in Minnesota with her husband and while we do speak on the phone every few months, we have not seen each other in person for almost 12 years.

The essence of this real and lasting friendship expresses itself when we speak after long stretches, and we can stay on the phone for hours and it feels as if no time has passed at all. At the end of the conversation, she asked me to send updated photos of Raphaela via email, and she would, in turn, send me the latest pictures of their garden and the house that they recently built.

They have been married for many years, and I know that they are trying to have children and have as yet been unsuccessful. I do know that she will make a great Mom. I tried to explain to her how becoming a mother changes your life and your priorities, but I don't think I was adequate.

I can't help but compare the content of our photo exchange, my album is filled with very few artistic images or scenery. I hope for my friend and her husband that they soon realize the blessing of parenthood, and may there be a little boy or girl playing in their carefully tended garden, and making a snow man in front of their new home.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing, If they can't have children, Let them consider the possibility of adoption...

single

moms