Friday, June 12, 2009

Observations

As I enter my 25th week, I observe that my belly button has become quite...deep...it almost looks scary. I feel as if I stuck my finger all the way inside, I could touch the baby. I suppose it is still better than becoming an "outie," though that may happen as well. As long as my feet don't expand; my size 11 feet are hard enough to fit fashionably as it is.

Plus, my breast are huge, and seem to be growing every day.

Today I went on my first outing to a baby supply store, with my friend Michal and her partner Yael. Yael it seems has done serious research about the various products available, and had a huge list of questions for the saleswoman about package deals, strollers, and the materials from which the cribs and dressers are made.

I personally felt overwhelmed by the experience, and understood that my idea of waiting to look at the big ticket items only after the birth is naive at the very least. Part of me does not want to tempt fate by ordering baby supplies before the birth, but after today, I realize that I must give it more thought.

1 comment:

mother in israel said...

Navel-gazing. :) Checking in and glad to see things are going smoothly.