Saturday, June 20, 2009

Inspiration for the Day

An article which appeared in the International Herald Tribune today has engaged and inspired me, and I wanted to share a small piece of it. The reporter interviews Science Fiction legend, Ray Bradbury, who says, among other things:

"I have total recall...I remember being born. I remember being in the womb, I remember being inside. Coming out was great."

I can only hope that my child feels the same way, and lives as varied and fulfilling life as Mr. Bradbury.

Later in the article, he says: "The children ask me, 'How can I live forever too?'...I tell them, 'Do what you love and love what you do.' That's the story of my life."

What more could a mother wish for her child, to experience love and adventure and joy; and at the end of the run know that it was a life well spent.

1 comment:

PerfectMomentProject said...

Single Moms deserve more than just the one Mother's Day.

This is my note for all the single moms... I dedicate Father's Day to my Mom

Happy Father's Day, Moms.