Tuesday, February 3, 2009

A New Twist

Yesterday I spoke to the IVF department at Hadassah to confirm my ultra-sound tomorrow (still have not gotten my period) and to make sure that I will get a turn on the more advanced machine, which will perhaps see something the other did not.

With the amount of nausea, 24/7, constipation and mucous I have been experiencing, I am finding it hard to believe that this is an empty pregnancy sac.

What concerns me, however, is the new piece of information I received yesterday from one of the nurses: apparently, when the doctor told me last week that I would get my period naturally, she left out the part that they are intending to induce it with an intra-vaginal injection. I can't agree to that, until we all know for certain that this fetus has stopped developing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi "Doc"! I looked for another way to send you a message but didn't find any "contact" button anywhere, so I'll just comment here, as I guess you'll get a note about that! I want to congratulate you for going through with this, and I know your daughter is now 4 years old, but somehow this is where it began, isn't it. I live in Switzerland (not brave enough for Aliyah yet), am 37, single, and just now am making up my mind to have a child by myself, as there is no partner around, and I don't want to wait. It is really difficult here, as Swiss law prevents single women from receive fertility treatment. I have an appointment with a doctor who said he might be able to help, so now I am all apprehensive about my appointment in January. To get it out (I talk only to very few friends about this, and certainly not to family, so far), I just started a blog, too, and in the process of starting it I found yours. My blog is at maybesinglemom.wordpress.com What I am currently struggling with most is the concept of frozen donor sperm with no chance of meeting/seeing the man. Anonymoous sperm is not even available for Swiss or German residents, so theoretically my child could find out about it's father when it is 18, I don't think I could handle anoymous. Is it an issue for you at all? Well, thanks again for writing, and Hanukkah Sameach to you and your daughter! Dinah