Monday, February 25, 2008

I Want To Suck Your Blood

Medically, So Far and In Brief

6/1/08: Consulted with my gynecologist, who referred me to the Women's Fertility Clinic at Hadassah Hopsital, Ein Kerem. Started taking Folic Acid to prevent neurological defects.
13/1/08: Initial visit at Hadassah Ein Kerem, Blood Taken to start checking for STDs. (Clear)
28/1/08: Blood tests done on Day 3 of period for basic hormone levels and more STDs (Clear, not that I was expecting any dramatic news).
12/2/08: Follow-up appointment at Hadassah Ein Kerem, I "probably" missed the date of ovulation for February, but they can't be sure because some of my blood test results were lost.
13/2/08: Originally scheduled appointment for initial consultation at Sperm Bank canceled, because they have literally run out of their supply. The next time I can realistically meet with them is at the end of March, and insemination must take place before Pessach, when they take vacation.
24/2/08: Blood tests done on Day 4 of period, informational only, and to make up for some of the hormones not tested in January. The nurses treat me with extra care and compassion, because they know that losing the last set of results really set me off.
I also find out that despite being owned by cats for the last five years, I tested negative for Toxoplasmosis.

For a person with a fear of needles, I am getting used to being bled for the sake of science.

No comments: