Thursday, June 23, 2016

Summer Haircut

The heat in Jerusalem for the past two weeks has been unbearable.  I had gotten to the point where I was prepared to chop all my hair myself, and so I called my stylist two days ago, in the middle of the day, and declared a hair emergency. I begged him to find time for me in between his other clients, and my patients.

When I picked up Raphaela from school later that afternoon, she looked at my cool and breezy cut and gasped in horror:

Mommy, how could you, what have you done?!

What, you don't like my haircut? I love it!

I preferred it much better when your hair was long, like mine.  You are not going to make me cut my hair too, are you? I LOVE my Princess hair.

No!  You may keep your beautiful Princess hair as long as you want.

Thank goodness, that was a close call...

And the best part is, I can wear my hair short during this hot hot Summer, and then grow it long in the Winter again.

Well, at least that.  Thank goodness!

1 comment:

Batya said...

At a certain age, I cut my hair pretty short. I just couldn't take the heat. Enjoy!