Sunday, June 7, 2015

Body Math

This morning I had my annual gynecological check-up.

Don't worry, I am not going to go all Kim Kardashian and include every detail of the visit.  My stylist, make up person and camera crew have the day off.

As with every visit to the doctor, just to torture myself a little, I stepped on the scale to see how much I weighed.  Here are the abstract numbers:

Today, I weigh four kilo over the weight that I was at the height of my pregnancy.
I verified with my doctor that during my pregnancy, I gained a total of six kilo, and Raphaela's body represented half that amount.
The week after I gave birth, I weighed two kilo less than I had at the beginning of my pregnancy.

Of course, until two weeks before I gave birth I was running four to five times per week.  Ever since the great heat wave started in Jerusalem last month, I have basically stopped running and exercising, because I am having difficulties dealing with the weather.

So here's my commitment to weight loss and exercise, for myself:  phase one entails getting to my pregnancy weight, phase two to my pre-pregnancy weight, and phase three (those last two kilo are the hardest) to my post-birth weight.

All encouragement will be accepted and appreciated.

2 comments:

Rachel Selby said...

I'm in exactly the same position - I'm about at my top pregnancy weight and my DD is 6 1/2. I am also about 20kg more than I was 6 years ago - I lost a lot in those first few months as I was so happy and too tired to bother eating. You are welcome to join me and a couple of friends in our online weightloss quest - I'll be blogging an update later today but you can read the post from June 3rd to get an idea of what we're doing. Good luck.

Doc said...

MSM, would love to be part of a group, I think that would make it lots easier and give me more motivation. Thanks for thinking about including me!