Thursday, January 23, 2014

Willy Wonka Fantasy

With friends and family visiting from the United States this week, Raphaela and I have truly enjoyed reconnecting with my former life in America, and eating out in restaurants that we would normally not frequent. I admit that I like the food I cook at home, and honestly, I could pass on the dining experience with an active curious can't-sit-still-for-more-than-five-minutes four and a half year old.

Last night I met up with my best friend from college and her husband at the Waffle Factory on Emek Rephaim, the cool street in Jerusalem.  Raphaela ordered a waffle bathed in chocolate cream, with a scoop of chocolate ice cream on the side, and decorated with bits of white and milk chocolate.


Yes, she is her mother's daughter, but even I could not imagine finishing that whole plate.

No comments: