Wednesday, November 20, 2013

This morning, while taking Raphaela to Gan, I received the highest compliment:  one of the parents of another child in Raphaela's class was running late, could not find a parking space and was blocking traffic.  He saw me and said, "Excuse me, my son is in your daughter's class, would you take him into school today?"

I agreed with pleasure, and walked with two talkative children to Gan instead of one, grateful to see Raphaela holding hands and playing happily with her friend, and for the trust that this father placed in me.

And the best part, when Raphaela stood by the window of her classroom and waved good bye to me (as has become our custom each morning), this little boy stood there along side her, both of them throwing me air kisses and wishing me a great day.

No comments: