Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Social Secretary

I was never a member of the popular clique in school, I was one of the shy and intellectual kids who studied all the time and dreamed of being invited to one of the mysterious and magical cool people party.  I have always been happy with two or three close friends, and prefer entertaining in small more intimate settings.

My daughter amazingly has been blessed with sociability to the extreme, she is the "It Girl" at her Gan, and frankly, the thought of it makes me giddy.  Lately she has been receiving invitations for play dates, and I am having a hard time juggling her schedule; popularity can be exhausting!

(Sometimes all I want to do at the end of the day is get into pajamas and chill out with Raphaela, that's the comfortable introvert in me.) 

Because she is an only child, I will continue to encourage her to seek out healthy friendships and learn the art of hostess-ing.  It is the least I can give her, in my quest to help Raphaela fulfill her happiness potential.

No comments: