Saturday, March 3, 2012

The Seeds of the Future?

On Friday, for two brief hours, it snowed in Jerusalem, shutting down public transportation and Gan.  My cleaning lady stayed home as well, so I had that job this week.  By 10:30 am, the blue sky opened up over the city, and by 11 am, all of the snow had melted.  Having a whole morning to ourselves, Raphaela and I watched a performance of Brahms by the Israel Philharmonic, and she sat, mesmerised.

We also had a spirited discussion about Zubin Metha, and his similarity to her favorite musician, Mr. Harry Belafonte.

Afterwards, Raphaela informed me that when she is a big girl, she wants to play piano and be an orchestral conductor.  I asked what kind of music she would play, and she answered with confidence, "Sevivon!"  (The Hebrew Chanukah dreildel song)

When Raphaela was a baby, she was turning every possible object into a drum set, and her love of music has never surprised me.

2 comments:

Amy Charles said...

The obvious recommendation:

http://www.amazon.com/Philharmonic-Dressed-Reading-Rainbow-Books/dp/006443124X

Doc said...

Thanks Amy, Happy Purim!