Thursday, July 30, 2009

The Patience of a Cat

Harry is first of all certainly not complaining that he has the monopoly on attention in the house, though he still looks for Sarel for a few minutes each day. That exclusivity ends in two months or so...

Harry has also adapted quite nicely to my frequent urination, the classic pregnancy symptom; whereas he used to get impatient if I did not fulfill his needs right away, day or night, he now knows that I will be running to the bathroom often, and all he has to do is wait a bit. I can barely remember the times that I used to worry, because I wasn't peeing at the drop of a hat.

I hope he can adapt just as easily when the baby comes. One of my fears is that his fear of crying children will cause him to run away, rather than stay and smell the baby and realize that she is simply a new addition, a new kitten in our house.

No comments: