Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Pool Humor

Several years ago, simply for the sake of convenience ie a two-for-one discount on the annual membership, I joined the pool with a symbolic "spouse," a woman named Ilana who at the time was a stranger, and is now someone I consider a friend.

I had not seen her for at least two monthss; she swims much earlier in the morning than I do. Today we were finally there around the same time, and I looked at her mock seriously and said, "As my spouse, you should know that I am expecting a baby."

Ilana of course was pleased to hear the news, joined in the joke and said, "I'm going to be a father."

Nice way to start the day.

But here's a math riddle: My subscription to the pool and gym expires in June, and I am due to give birth in September. A three month membership (not including locker) apparently costs 1700 NIS, while a year's membership costs around 2000 NIS. Hmm...maybe I will simply buy myself a treadmill for the house, as I don't know how long it will take me to get back to the gym after the birth.

No comments: