Sunday, April 6, 2008

Buying the Pregnancy Test

Although I will not have Hadassah test my blood for hCG until Thursday, all medical research points to its presence in the urine by day ten, which will be tomorrow. So I went to the pharmacy and after perusing entire shelves of what seemed like the same deal in different packages, I bought a Pregnancy Test.

The pharmacist was thrilled to sell it to me, wishing me a congratulations in between my pointing out that I don't know yet, but that is Israel. There is a woman at my pool who has started showing - I already knew she was pregnant - and all the older women now feel the right to tell her how to be pregnant and how to raise her future child. Like I said, that is Israel.

So tomorrow morning I pee on a stick, keeping in mind that these tests are 99% correct. False negative or false positive results happen, but it gives me something to think about until Thursday.

No comments: