Thursday, February 16, 2012

Snow Day

Tomorrow, Shabbat February the 18th, will mark the 11th year anniversary of my almost being killed by a Palestinian sniper on the Tunnel Road, on the way home from work.

I am grateful to be alive, and for the life with which I have been blessed, warts and all.  I never quite imagined that the small moments with my child would give me so much satisfaction and joy.  For example, yesterday, I heard Raphaela opening kitchen cabinets and emptying the contents, and then banging together G-d knows what.  From the other room I said, "Raphaela, what is that cacophony?"  She answered sweetly, "That's not noise, it's music!"  I could not help but smile.

To celebrate this day, Raphaela and I will hopefully be able to play in the snow in Jerusalem, though I harbour skepticism regarding the accuracy of the weather reports.

2 comments:

Rachel Selby said...

I'll believe it when I see it. I'd rather a big rain storm so we can stay in. Snow we have to go out and play in.

Amy Charles said...

Oh, she looks so much like you!